Sunday, February 15, 2015

ANZAC Slice

I love ANZAC biscuits but they can be a bit fiddly spooning balls of mix onto trays. So when I saw an ANZAC Slice recipe on the Thermomix recipe community website I had to give it a try. I made a few changes as I didn't think it needed as much sugar as the original recipe, and was a bit heavy handed with the golden syrup to boost the flavour.

This was supposed to be for a work morning tea but I just had to sneak a piece just to make sure it was as delicious as it smelled.

125 g Butter
90g g Desiccated Coconut
100 g rolled oats
130 g raw sugar
180 g self-raising flour
25 g golden syrup
1 egg


Preheat oven to 180C
Line a slice tray with baking paper and set aside.
Place butter in Thermomix bowl and melt 30 seconds / 60 degrees / speed 3 (or until melted)
Add in all other ingredients and mix for 10 seconds / reverse speed 3. Scrape down sides of bowl and repeat if needed or until mixture is combined.
Press into lined slice tray, using measuring cup to flatten and smooth.
Bake in oven 180C for approx. 30min or until golden on top. 
Leave to cool in tray before slicing.
Can be frozen. I wrapped individual pieces in foil and took them out to defrost as needed.

TIP
Try adding 100g sultanas, choc chips, dried fruit or crushed nuts for some variety.

No comments:

Post a Comment